Attention Marketers: Access 30 Million IT Decision Makers with ECT News Network's INSTA-LEADS Click to Learn More!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Microsoft's Apple Mistake, Apple's Artificial Image, Open Source Isn't Open

Re: Microsoft's Apple Mistake, Apple's Artificial Image, Open Source Isn't Open
Posted by GFulgoni on 2006-12-25 13:38:55
In reply to Rob Enderle
Rob:
Speaking on behalf of comScore, I must take issue with the insinuation made in your article that comScore's studies are somehow "suspect" when they're funded by a vendor. I can assure you that whether funded by a client or not, we objectively report what our data are saying. To suggest otherwise is incorrect and irresponsible.
I also want to point out that our study of iTunes sales trends was NOT -- as you state -- funded by any client. It was, rather, an analysis we conducted "on our nickel" using the comScore database (which, with 1 million people, is about 100 times the size of the sample Forrester used). I would further point out that the sales growth rate we reported for iTunes(up 84% in 2006 versus the seasonally equivalent year ago period)has been corroborated by independent reports from Piper Jaffrey (using Apple data) and NPD. Additionally, both Nielsen SoundScan and the RIAA have published data showing that total music downloads are up about 70% this year. Only Forrester is claiming that iTunes sales are down -- which Apple itself has strongly denied to be the case. How much more evidence does one need before concluding that something seems amiss with the Forrester report?
Gian Fulgoni
Chairman
comScore

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Microsoft's Apple Mistake, Apple's Artificial Image, Open Source Isn't Open  Rob Enderle  2006-12-25 06:33:02
Re: Microsoft's Apple Mistake, Apple's Artificial Image, Open Source Isn't Open  anomalous  2006-12-28 15:35:07
Re: Microsoft's Apple Mistake, Apple's Artificial Image, Open Source Isn  azerthoth  2006-12-27 12:24:04
Re: Microsoft's Apple Mistake, Apple's Artificial Image, Open Source Isn  tracyanne  2006-12-25 21:32:18
Re: Microsoft's Apple Mistake, Apple's Artificial Image, Open Source Isn't Open  GFulgoni  2006-12-25 13:38:55
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS