B2B Marketers » Reach Pre-Qualified IT Decision Makers with a Custom Lead Gen Program » Get Details
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Salesforce Commerce Solution Guide

CRM Buyer Talkback

ECT News Community   »   CRM Buyer Talkback   »   Re: Salesforce.com, Google Take Baby Steps Toward Integration

Re: Salesforce.com, Google Take Baby Steps Toward Integration
Posted by francisc on 2008-03-16 07:21:56
In reply to Louis Columbus
Perfect timing for this. OpenSpan (www.openspan.com) has just built an interface to allow, not just salesforce but any legacy application, inclduding CRM to interface and collaborate with any of the Google API's. From any CRM package now, you can pull up related "google" docs for that account, send Gmails, return a list of documents, update Google spreadsheets real-time, send Google Docs as shipping notes. Google API's are inherently hard to decipher and certainly extremely hard to integrate in SAAS, homegrown or customer CRM packages. OpenSpan is a fully GUI, drag and drop integration tool.
So Louis, good timing all around on the article. Google lacked integration for the enterprise, we believe that is changing and it needs to, to help bring Google into the enterprise (integration) world.
Francis
http://franciscarden.blogspot.com

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Salesforce.com, Google Take Baby Steps Toward Integration  Louis Columbus  2008-03-16 07:13:54
Re: Salesforce.com, Google Take Baby Steps Toward Integration  francisc  2008-03-16 07:21:56
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

What is the state of the Linux desktop?
It's edging its way into the mainstream.
It's wildly popular -- but only with open source fans.
It's in trouble due to fragmentation.
It never had a shot in a Windows-dominated PC world.
It's too cumbersome for most computer users to bother.
I'm not familiar with the Linux desktop.