Showcase Your Business as a Thought Leader » Publish Your Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Now
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Is Google's Sky Falling?

Re: Is Google's Sky Falling?
Posted by: Jim Offner 2008-03-04 09:30:37
See Full Story

So, Google's latest downturn is a reflection of a free fall in the U.S. economy? Not exactly. Google shares dropped nearly 5 percent in the wake of a report by research firm comScore that pointed to a flattening in clicks on the site's ads. comScore reported flat year-to-year performance in Google's paid ad clicks for January -- its 532 million clicks actually decreased 0.3 percent. This likely was the "primary catalyst" behind Google's most recent stock price fall, the research firm noted.

Posted by: tec8 2008-03-06 06:20:03 In reply to: Jim Offner
Let's do some calculations:
@ rate of 1 sec per click
532,000,000 / (60 sec * 60 min * 24 hrs * 7 days * 52 weeks) = ??????? years
0.3 % of 532,000,000 = very big number
Any company provides data on Sales per mil clicks?

Posted by: JFFU 2008-03-04 09:39:17 In reply to: Jim Offner
My major objection to anything Google is their penchant to data-mine! From the very first, I have opted to not Google.
Googling brought about the demise of AskJeeves, which I really enjoyed. Google's attempt to Force itself on WEB Users, as WE searched The WEB, contributes to my disdain. Googles present AdsbyGoogle are a nuisance. If I wanted Google I would go-But I don't. Google is an outright Hack!!!
Jump to:
Is "too much screen time" really a problem?
Yes -- smartphone addiction is ruining relationships.
Yes -- but primarily due to parents' failure to regulate kids' use.
Possibly -- long-term effects on health are not yet known.
Not really -- lack of self-discipline and good judgement are the problems.
No -- angst over "screen time" is just the latest overreaction to technology.
No -- what matters is the quality of content, not the time spent viewing it.
Rakuten Super Logistics