Showcase Your Business as a Thought Leader » Publish Your Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Now
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Salesforce Commerce Solution Guide

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Is Google the New Consumer Cop? Surely it canít do much.

Is Google the New Consumer Cop? Surely it canít do much.
Posted by skyrayz on 2010-12-03 17:49:55
In reply to Rob Spiegel
But in this world of 24x7 media, I think Google can do little.

By taking such a step, Google has displayed pro-consumer attitude and an example of good citizenship. But Google can at best remove their websites from ranking on page one. How does it ensure they are not seen on Page One through other portals?

Taking a leaf out of one of the most popular promotional tools being used by Bollywood today is promotions fuelled by controversies. Every blockbuster has got some negative publicity behind its success. And this fire is being fuelled by hordes of Ď24x7 Breaking Newsí channels, their Online Avataars and Social Networks.

So even if Google removes bad merchant websites from its Page One Rankings, can Google remove news channels with top rankings carry the negative publicity?

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Google's Algorithmic Fix Sends Bad Merchants to the Boonies  Rob Spiegel  2010-12-02 11:30:25
Is Google the New Consumer Cop? Surely it canít do much.  skyrayz  2010-12-03 17:49:55
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Where do you most often get your news online?
High-profile blogs
Local newspaper websites
Major newspaper and magazine websites
News aggregator websites
Online-only news and magazine websites
Social networks
TV network/program websites