Attention B2B Marketers: Access 30 Million IT Decision Makers with a Custom Lead Generation Program Click to Learn More!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Apple vs. Microsoft Marketing: Spark vs. Spork

Re: Apple vs. Microsoft Marketing: Spark vs. Spork
Posted by gustafsd on 2014-06-09 15:53:50
In reply to Chris Maxcer
Apple has also been involved in a marketing deal with colleges to push an iPad agenda. Many colleges now use e-text books and apps in conjunction with the iPad, with a "special" finance rate (usually free to the student)...

the agenda is purposely compatible with Apple products, and is mostly compatible with PC's.

So just going by numbers is not an accurate measure what's going on... I still use my PC for class and I work through the apps.

I do not like the majority of Apple products... (however, the iPod touch makes for a nice MP3 player (but not M4A))...

I lived through the nutroll of the PC development of the late 1970's and early 1980's where there were multiple OS's out there, and it was awful. This is how I view Apple's OS, the one that failed as a "PC" alternative. Yes, Microsoft has some OS issues, but at least it is the industry standard, and everybody is familiar with it.

This trend in iPad style computing reminds me of the early cell phone era, with the monster sized cellphones of yesteryear.

To really make the iPads useful, many have bought an accompanying keyboard, which, really, just turned the iPad into a limited, mini-laptop... So now what's point??? And using the iPad as a camera or a video capturing device makes the user look absolutely ridiculous...

It appears that a product was made without a purpose, and now there are needy applications being created to make it purposeful... which is logically backwards... there should have been a need, then a product created to fulfill the need...

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Apple vs. Microsoft Marketing: Spark vs. Spork  Chris Maxcer  2014-06-09 11:42:50
Re: Apple vs. Microsoft Marketing: Spark vs. Spork  sporkmarketing  2014-06-10 07:55:16
Re: Apple vs. Microsoft Marketing: Spark vs. Spork  gustafsd  2014-06-09 15:53:50
Re: Apple vs. Microsoft Marketing: Spark vs. Spork  TheOwl  2014-06-10 12:37:29
Re: Apple vs. Microsoft Marketing: Spark vs. Spork  kongqueror  2014-06-09 12:49:08
Re: Apple vs. Microsoft Marketing: Spark vs. Spork  TheOwl  2014-06-10 12:53:04
Re: Apple vs. Microsoft Marketing: Spark vs. Spork  CMaxcer  2014-06-09 20:06:17
Re: Apple vs. Microsoft Marketing: Spark vs. Spork  MitchH  2014-06-09 18:39:13
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Which capabilities in a home robot might induce you to consider buying one?
Help with daily housecleaning chores
Companionship for elderly or disabled family member
Entertaining and educating children
Monitoring security all through the house
Keeping inventory and restocking items when needed
Nothing would persuade me to consider getting a home robot.