Content Marketers » Publish Your Business Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: When Will Siri, Cortana and Google Now Get Smart?

Re: When Will Siri, Cortana and Google Now Get Smart?
Posted by paulfeakins on 2015-09-28 03:52:45
In reply to Jeff Kagan
I disagree with this article actually. When did the author last use "Ok Google"?

I use it pretty regularly and it's reached the point where it often gives a better reply than a human would.

I use it for lots of things, but here are a couple of examples:

I was in Hyde Park at the weekend. A tourist came up to me and asked where the Four Seasons hotel was. I pressed a button on my phone and said "Ok Google, navigate to the Four Seasons Hotel". Just a few seconds later, a map appeared with a line from our current location to the hotel.

When reading, Ok Google has replaced my dictionary. I'm finding that even with words I don't know how to pronounce, Google still guesses correctly almost 100% of the time. It's actually astounding. Reading a medical book recently, I said "Ok Google, define 'arterial occlusion'". A couple of seconds later it read out a detailed definition. It almost never fails to recognize a word on the first try.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: When Will Siri, Cortana and Google Now Get Smart?  Jeff Kagan  2015-09-28 03:42:54
Re: When Will Siri, Cortana and Google Now Get Smart?  paulfeakins  2015-09-28 03:52:45
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

How important is a candidate's knowledge of technology in winning your vote?
Extremely -- technology is at the center of most of the world's big problems and solutions.
Very -- a candidate who doesn't understand technology can't relate to young people.
Somewhat -- a general understanding is sufficient.
Not very -- choosing good advisers is more important than direct knowledge.
Not at all -- technology is often a distraction from more important issues.