Showcase Your Business as a Thought Leader » Publish Your Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Now
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
salesforce commerce cloud

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Can Amazon Scale Its Own B2B Shipping Service?

Re: Can Amazon Scale Its Own B2B Shipping Service?
Posted by: David Jones 2018-02-14 07:31:24
See Full Story

Amazon has been plotting its next big move to control its ever-evolving logistics chain, with a new service called "Shipping with Amazon" in the works and reportedly scheduled to launch within weeks. It initially will pick up goods from third-party sellers that already work with Amazon and deliver them to customers. The service eventually will expand to merchants that currently do not work with Amazon. It will launch in Los Angeles and expand to other U.S. cities over time, and reportedly will undercut UPS and FedEx on price.

Re: Can Amazon Scale Its Own B2B Shipping Service?
Posted by: rayroy 2018-02-14 07:54:05 In reply to: David Jones
Curious to know how Amazon plans to undercut both UPS and FEDEX. Obviously they are the top players of small packages in North America. We could see an unprecedented agreement between all three that will be a win-win-win situation. This could drive Amazon sales even higher (if you can imagine that even being possible!). I am for one will paying close attention to see how this all unfolds.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Does it matter to you if products you purchase are manufactured in another country?
Yes, and I will pay more for a domestically produced product.
Yes, but my shopping decisions won't change anything, so I do what's best for me.
I care, but it's impossible to keep track of where everything is made.
I want the best quality and price, regardless of country of origin.
It depends on the country. Some are OK, some aren't.
It depends on the company. I'll buy from a reputable non-domestic brand.