Attention B2B Marketers: Access 30 Million IT Decision Makers with a Custom Lead Generation Program Click to Learn More!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Four Keys to Generating 7 Figure Sales on WooCommerce

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Streamlining the Ledger Process

Re: Where Blockchain Tech Offers the Most Promise
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2018-03-08 07:47:45
See Full Story

"Blockchain" is the word on everyone's lips in the tech industry, with vendors pushing it as a solution for everything from banking and finance to retail and apparel. "We're going to continue to see tech vendors trying to push blockchain as the solution to problems that may exist," said Rebecca Wettemann, VP of research at Nucleus Research. However, blockchain may not be "a privacy-effective or cost-effective solution" for all of them. Product research is one area where blockchain does appear to show promise.

Streamlining the Ledger Process
Posted by: Pooua 2018-03-08 08:00:00 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
My introduction to blockchain technology came through cryptocurrency, beginning with Bitcoin. One aspect that always bothered me was the apparent computational intensity of recording the transactions. I cannot see how such a network could avoid severe processing bottlenecks as it scales, making it impractical for something that is supposed to have large numbers of users. I'm curious what could be done to streamline the process?
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Rakuten Super Logistics
Which company is most likely to hit the $1 trillion valuation milestone first?
Alphabet/Google
Amazon
Apple
Microsoft
A different company
Rakuten Super Logistics