B2B Marketers » Reach Pre-Qualified IT Decision Makers with a Custom Lead Gen Program » Get Details
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Salesforce Commerce Solution Guide

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Web Self-Service Strikes Out

Re: Web Self-Service Strikes Out
Posted by csitprof on 2002-02-27 12:11:07
In reply to Keith Regan
I agree.

I called the 800 number to order a replacement part from GE for my broken Microwave handle and paid $30 for the part.

At an ecommerce seminar, the lecturer told me I'd have paid $15 on the site. I felt embarrassed because I do tech support and hound the Microsoft, Novell and HP support sites for a living. I knew in my heart the GE site was a waste of time. I wish you were in that class with me for moral support.

I believe the tide is set though. Just like people used to say (in 1995), Windows crashed my system and I'm uninstalling it, and now it's like water in an ocean. GE will one day refer you to the local distributer and allow you to buy from them online. If GE sold the part online, it would put their sales channel out of business. Give GE and their sales channel ten years and they will have the web service figured out.

In the meantime, I'd like to slap the e-evangelists silly, 'cause IT AIN'T HERE NOW.

p.s.
resistence is futile

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Web Self-Service Strikes Out  Keith Regan  2002-02-25 21:58:43
Re: Web Self-Service Strikes Out  csitprof  2002-02-27 12:11:07
Re: Web Self-Service Strikes Out  javaba  2002-02-26 17:32:51
Re: Web Self-Service Strikes Out  dshahbazi  2002-02-26 14:51:32
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

When using a search engine, how often do you look beyond the first page of results?
Never -- There's always enough information on the first page to meet my needs.
Rarely -- There's usually enough on the first page, but sometimes I want to see more.
Occasionally -- If there are too many paid-for results, or if I don't find an answer on the first page.
Often -- Even if there's enough information on the first page, I like to know what else is available.
Always -- First page search results are rigged; I don't want to be limited to what an algorithm highlights.