B2B Marketers » Reach Pre-Qualified IT Decision Makers with a Custom Lead Gen Program » Get Details
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   DELLís Own Pop-Up Kills All the Fun of Web Surfing

DELLís Own Pop-Up Kills All the Fun of Web Surfing
Posted by Li-Yan on 2006-08-06 07:54:39
In reply to Douglas K. van Duyne
Dell computer is cheap all right. But I will NOT buy another one, becomes it does not work. Donít blame the manufacturer. Dell intentionally booby-trapped its own merchandise, so that I have to spend 60% of my surf time to clear Dellís pop-upsóabout 15 seconds of interruption after every 10 seconds of reading.
There is a link on Dell's pop-up, purportedly explaining "What's this". But it contains false information about "how to disable it." I called Dell's tech, and spent one hour of my time (and his time) to have it disabled.
A few weeks later, the pop-ups came back. I don't have another hour to spend every month. So what did Dell actually gain? Not another sale!

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: To Pop-Up, or Not To Pop-Up, That Is the Question  Douglas K. van Duyne  2005-02-11 12:14:11
DELLís Own Pop-Up Kills All the Fun of Web Surfing  Li-Yan  2006-08-06 07:54:39
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads