Attention B2B Marketers: Access 30 Million IT Decision Makers with a Custom Lead Generation Program Click to Learn More!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: GeckoLinux: A Polished Distro Just Got Smoother

Re: GeckoLinux: A Polished Distro Just Got Smoother
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2018-01-11 05:52:02
See Full Story

GeckoLinux offers both seasoned users and new distro adopters an easy way to try an openSuse-based spin loaded with features and an ample inventory of the leading Linux desktops. The developer released a major update of GeckoLinux earlier this week. I enjoyed testing the beta version last fall, and I was even more pleased with the added embellishments packed into this final version. Among the attractions of GeckoLinux are its innovations within the openSuse community. These include non-free packages not found in openSuse's default repositories.

Posted by: jymm 2018-01-15 04:13:09 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Although I am a Debian Ubuntu guy I downloaded this OS and burnt it to a USB Drive. I was pretty impressed with the Distro and it included persistence by default which is nice. I have to do a little more study on the package management, but it seems like a very good and easy to use disto.

Posted by: sb56637 2018-01-11 05:55:09 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Hi Jack, thanks a lot for the positive comments and for the coverage, it's always appreciated!

I should clarify that the GeckoLinux Rolling releases based on openSUSE Tumbleweed haven't been updated yet using the new Kiwi build method. That's why they still require the login password on the live session. Once I work out the bugs and polish the images using Kiwi I'll release them, hopefully sometime this month.

Cheers.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
What do you think about Google's addition of an 'annoying ad' blocker to Chrome?
It's terrific -- I don't want people making money from harassing me.
It's not enough -- all ads are annoying.
It's dangerous industry dominance -- Google is already too powerful.
It's irrelevant to me -- I already use an ad blocker.
I'd rather put up with ads than pay for online content.
I don't use Chrome, but I'd like to see this in my browser.