Content Marketers » Publish Your Business Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
salesforce commerce cloud

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: FOSS Community Struggles to Patch Against Spectre, Meltdown Flaws

See Full Story

Many in the open source community worked feverishly this week to respond to heightened fears that software updates to fix the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities would put millions of computers at risk of slowdowns or even total disability. Updated kernels were released for mitigation of Meltdown variant 3, or CVE-2017-5754, for X86-64 architecture, Dean Henrichsmeyer, vice president of cloud engineering at Canonical, which provides commercial support for Ubuntu, said Friday in an online post.

I understand the problems of trying to fix the kernel for multiple distros, but if it is your computer being bricked, I doubt you will think it a "small road bump".
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
salesforce commerce cloud
How do you feel about Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year?
I'm excited to find great deals and plan to do some serious shopping on BFCM.
I'll watch for BFCM sales, but I intend to drastically curb my spending this year.
BFCM has become a season -- I no longer feel driven to look for bargains on those specific days.
I plan to have most of my holiday shopping done *before* BFCM.
I detest the holiday sales hype and will avoid shopping on BFCM.