Attention B2B Marketers: Access 30 Million IT Decision Makers with a Custom Lead Generation Program Click to Learn More!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Content Marketing on ALL EC

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Suse, AWS Nudge SAP Customers to the Cloud

Re: Suse, AWS Nudge SAP Customers to the Cloud
Posted by: David Jones 2018-02-21 15:17:29
See Full Story

Suse recently entered an agreement to expand its relationship with Amazon Web Services, allowing Suse Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications to be sold directly on the AWS Marketplace. AWS customers that are running SAP workloads on Suse Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications -- a leading platform for SAP Hana and SAP S/4Hana -- will get integrated and streamlined support from AWS and Suse under the agreement. AWS customers will be able to buy the Suse Linux Enterprise on demand, so they will pay only for what they use.

Posted by: SifuColo 2018-02-21 15:20:49 In reply to: David Jones
One of the statements grabbed my attention:
Customers must move to SAP Hana and SAP S/4 Hana before 2025, when SAP will end support for any database, including SQL Server, Oracle DB and IBM DB2

What database will customers be migrated/forced to use? Postgres or Mysql?

Just curious...

Posted by: mikeerick 2018-02-22 12:57:24 In reply to: SifuColo
I'm not an SAP expert, but I believe the database is SAP's proprietary HANA in-memory database and engine.

It has been a fairly transparent goal of SAP's to move customers away from other vendor's database products onto a pure SAP-based solution (business suite + database combined).
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Freshsales - Reply.ai
What do you think of commercial spaceflight?
It's the best hope for advancing space exploration.
It's little more than a hobby for billionaires.
It will result in highly profitable new industries, like space mining.
It will dramatically increase space junk and pollution.
It will offer the opportunity to establish a new way of life in space colonies.
It should be heavily regulated by governments.