Showcase Your Business as a Thought Leader » Publish Your Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Now
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple TV's Pretty, but Xbox 360 Delivers Where It Counts

Re: Apple TV's Pretty, but Xbox 360 Delivers Where It Counts
Posted by yoshikodixson on 2007-04-05 10:41:57
In reply to Peter Svensson
Most consumers are not HDTV geeks. Ease of access is the problem AppleTV solves both first and best. The audiophiles sang the same song about MP3 "being worse" than CDs when the iPod first arrived, ten years before that is was CDs are "worse" than vinyl.
Only self-important blow-hards will reject the AppleTV based on "quality" of picture. Most people will not care about that. For most people the issue whether or not to buy an AppleTV will really be whether or not the selection of video available on iTunes suits their interest.
The Wii is another example of this. It has outsold the Xbox360 (and Xbox360 has had *over a year* head start) not because the "quality" of Wii graphics is better than Xbox360, but because the Wii is more "fun" and actually targeted to play games that people are interested in and not just ones that "look cool".
iTunes will sell HD quality video eventually, as soon as the studios recognize that it is in their best interest to do so. Until then i am quite satisfied that for $299 i can now just point and click whenever I want to watch The Wrath of Khan without having to hunt around for the aging DVD.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Apple TV's Pretty, but Xbox 360 Delivers Where It Counts  Peter Svensson  2007-04-05 05:04:31
Re: Apple TV's Pretty, but Xbox 360 Delivers Where It Counts  jimnemo  2007-04-09 05:01:59
Re: Apple TV's Pretty, but Xbox 360 Delivers Where It Counts  yoshikodixson  2007-04-05 10:41:57
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

How important is a candidate's knowledge of technology in winning your vote?
Extremely -- technology is at the center of most of the world's big problems and solutions.
Very -- a candidate who doesn't understand technology can't relate to young people.
Somewhat -- a general understanding is sufficient.
Not very -- choosing good advisers is more important than direct knowledge.
Not at all -- technology is often a distraction from more important issues.