Content Marketers » Publish Your Business Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
salesforce commerce cloud

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Mac Cracked in Hack Attack

Re: Mac Cracked in Hack Attack
Posted by: Walaika Haskins 2007-04-23 14:06:20
See Full Story

Just one day following Apple's release of a security update containing 25 patches, two security researchers at the CanSecWest conference held in Vancouver, British Columbia, were able to hack into a MacBook using a zero-day exploit in Apple's Safari browser. Shane Macauley, a software engineer, and Dino Dai Zovi, a security researcher, undertook the challenge as part of the "PWN to Own" Hack-a-Mac contest hosted by conference organizers. The two were awarded a MacBook Pro computer and a $10,000 prize.

Re: Mac Cracked in Hack Attack
Posted by: jdawgnoonan 2007-04-23 18:52:09 In reply to: Walaika Haskins
What the author fails to mention is that the people who cracked this had to be given access to the local system to develop the hack.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Would you move to a tech hub like San Francisco or Seattle if you were offered a high-paying, career-building job?
Absolutely. I already live in a tech center and I enjoy being where the action is.
No. I live in (or have lived in) a tech-forward city, and I'd rather live elsewhere.
I'd be tempted, but I'm worried about the cost of living.
I doubt it, as I don't like the reputation for decadence in those cities.
I would if I didn't have so many ties where I currently live.
Why bother? With telecommuting you can live and work anywhere.