Content Marketers » Publish Your Business Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: New Google Maps App Lights a Beacon in iOS Darkness

Re: New Google Maps App Lights a Beacon in iOS Darkness
Posted by rogerowens on 2012-12-13 16:13:37
In reply to Peter Suciu
So you think Apple is a loser in this? You remind me of the generals of the West scratching their heads when the generals in the East don't play by the rules! I'm betting Apple has been trying to get Google to update the Maps app for years, and Google says, no, much like IBM in the 70's and 80's, saying something like: We will make Maps for Android far better than Maps on iOS (giving them a perceived competitive advantage).

So Apple kicks them off the iOS platform, Google loses lots of money from less advertising $$$ coming in; and we get a better Google Maps app. How beautiful a chess move is that?

People's memories are very short, so this will not hurt Apple in the long run. Especially when all you pundits figure out what Apple actually did!

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: New Google Maps App Lights a Beacon in iOS Darkness  Peter Suciu  2012-12-13 12:29:28
Re: New Google Maps App Lights a Beacon in iOS Darkness  rogerowens  2012-12-13 16:13:37
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Salesforce Commerce Solution Guide
What do you see as the biggest obstacle to mainstream adoption of video calling?
Too many steps are required to reach a contact.
Video quality is often poor -- dropped calls, frozen images.
There's no advantage to face-to-face communication in most cases.
Too many people feel uncomfortable on live cameras.
There are too many security and privacy issues.
The trend is away from personal engagement and toward texting.
The obstacles are fading, and video calling is well on its way to adoption.
Salesforce Commerce Solution Guide