Showcase Your Business as a Thought Leader » Publish Your Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Now
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Salesforce Commerce Solution Guide

Open Discussion

ECT News Community   »   Open Discussion   »   Reevaluating the New Economy

Reevaluating the New Economy
Posted by Solstice on 2001-06-06 19:10:59
The New Economy was supposed to save us from injustice and level barriers -- instead, it has suffered a barrage of layoffs and bankruptcies that illustrate that injustice is alive and well.

Two cases in point: Webvan's George Shaheen has a sweeter-than-sugar compensation package while shareholders suffer, and CyberRebate left its customers holding the bag.

How should we as consumers approach New Economy e-businesses now, after the dawn of the morning after? What's changed, what's the same, and how can we figure out who's legit and who's not?

* Topic  Author  Date
Reevaluating the New Economy  Solstice  2001-06-06 19:10:59
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

When using a search engine, how often do you look beyond the first page of results?
Never -- There's always enough information on the first page to meet my needs.
Rarely -- There's usually enough on the first page, but sometimes I want to see more.
Occasionally -- If there are too many paid-for results, or if I don't find an answer on the first page.
Often -- Even if there's enough information on the first page, I like to know what else is available.
Always -- First page search results are rigged; I don't want to be limited to what an algorithm highlights.