Content Marketers » Publish Your Business Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Salesforce Commerce Solution Guide

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: So, Is Microsoft Trying to Kill the Xbox One?

Re: So, Is Microsoft Trying to Kill the Xbox One?
Posted by cvx on 2013-08-13 09:29:12
In reply to Rob Enderle
The Xbox one is a problem that should not have happened. Many like Rob so enthused that the downsides did not occur to them. Play games in other rooms of the house, but how about at bob's place? No? Trade and buy used games? Backwards compatible? Many people wanted to be able to buy a base system then upgrade as finances and need arose. Many people are not taking home 6 figures. Many are struggling paycheck to paycheck.
The restriction on games is a big issue. Of course gamers want to be able to play game on other machines and not have a list of "approved" users. perhaps I want to sell my old game so I can buy one I have not already mastered. Or take the game to a friend's house to play
Since the Snowden affair people suddenly got it about privacy. A kinect always spying on you and your household. Always on the internet? Then once a day? Why? Oh yes so every game got approved? A vast majority want to play games. Many are in the military or other occupations or site where internet service is intermittent, non-existent or very slow.
When hackers can see into your house through the video cameras how long to they hack(if they have not already) the Kinect system to broadcast those pictures of you and family members in undress, compromising positions all uploaded to the web.
Some of the restrictions were to monetize the experience not provide ease of use. The cloud. Yes Microsoft wants the monetize it all no DVD, no Blu-ray Just cloud. Generally the arrogant we know better than you approach rankled. Microsoft messed up.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: So, Is Microsoft Trying to Kill the Xbox One?  Rob Enderle  2013-08-12 06:23:19
Re: So, Is Microsoft Trying to Kill the Xbox One?  zpoc  2013-11-07 23:00:21
Steve Jobs is dead  JDizzle420  2013-09-18 01:41:49
Steve Jobs is dead.  JDizzle420  2013-09-17 16:22:37
Re: Steve Jobs is dead.  just4kicks  2013-09-17 16:35:53
Re: Steve Jobs is dead.  zpoc  2013-11-07 23:05:19
Re: So, Is Microsoft Trying to Kill the Xbox One?  cvx  2013-08-13 09:29:12
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

What do you see as the biggest obstacle to mainstream adoption of video calling?
Too many steps are required to reach a contact.
Video quality is often poor -- dropped calls, frozen images.
There's no advantage to face-to-face communication in most cases.
Too many people feel uncomfortable on live cameras.
There are too many security and privacy issues.
The trend is away from personal engagement and toward texting.
The obstacles are fading, and video calling is well on its way to adoption.