Showcase Your Business as a Thought Leader » Publish Your Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Now
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Xbox v. PlayStation: Microsoft Throws Down the Gauntlet

Re: Xbox v. PlayStation: Microsoft Throws Down the Gauntlet
Posted by vanye on 2004-03-29 15:12:23
In reply to Rob Enderle
Actually Sony is a dominate number 1, and their marketshare is stable. Microsoft is not a strong second or even a weak second they are third world-wide with about 10 million sold Nintendo has about 11 million sold. In some territories Microsoft and Nintendo trade spots but still world-wide Sony is 1, Nintendo is 2 and Microsoft is 3.Nintendo is actually doing pretty good for having moronic bordering on developementally challenged managment.
I'm not sure how or why any company would have an analyst like the guy who wrote this article as his information is incorrect in such a vital area. Personally I've found that most analysts when talking about the software industry seem to have no idea what they are talking about and mostly take the word of companies instead of groups like the idsa, who have all the above information and more.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Xbox v. PlayStation: Microsoft Throws Down the Gauntlet  Rob Enderle  2004-03-29 09:40:49
Re: Xbox v. PlayStation: Microsoft Throws Down the Gauntlet  braktune  2004-04-01 18:19:39
Then why are Xbox2 dev kits Mac G5 based??  unicron  2004-03-31 13:13:10
Re: Then why are Xbox2 dev kits Mac G5 based??  RobEnderle  2004-04-01 13:04:34
Then why are Xbox2 Dev stations Mac G5s?  unicron  2004-03-31 12:14:44
Re: Xbox v. PlayStation: Microsoft Throws Down the Gauntlet  vanye  2004-03-29 20:19:29
Re: Xbox v. PlayStation: Microsoft Throws Down the Gauntlet  RobEnderle  2004-03-31 11:17:09
Re: Xbox v. PlayStation: Microsoft Throws Down the Gauntlet  vanye  2004-03-29 15:12:23
Re: Xbox market share  RobEnderle  2004-03-31 11:14:44
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Rakuten Super Logistics
Is "too much screen time" really a problem?
Yes -- smartphone addiction is ruining relationships.
Yes -- but primarily due to parents' failure to regulate kids' use.
Possibly -- long-term effects on health are not yet known.
Not really -- lack of self-discipline and good judgement are the problems.
No -- angst over "screen time" is just the latest overreaction to technology.
No -- what matters is the quality of content, not the time spent viewing it.