Best Practices for Implementing Security Awareness Training » Download Free Whitepaper
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Salesforce Commerce Solution Guide

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: E-Book Self-Publishing: Brave New Words

Re: E-Book Self-Publishing: Brave New Words
Posted by PFNikolai on 2014-04-22 14:13:12
In reply to Vivian Wagner
Most self-published authors quickly find that loading a book on ebook platforms does not result in anybody being aware that their book exists. Self-publishing on one platform has some appeal if the platform commands a high level of the sales for the category (genre fiction such as science fiction, fantasy, and romance), but those categories are few and far between. For most categories, local stores still provide the majority of sales so partnering with a provider that can get books in those stores and drive readers into those stores remains important.

Hybrid publishing service companies (such as the company I manage, WestBow Press) help an author get their book on all the ebook platforms and the online book retailer sites--and we offer authors sales and distribution services to get their printed editions in local stores.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: E-Book Self-Publishing: Brave New Words  Vivian Wagner  2014-04-22 14:00:34
Re: E-Book Self-Publishing: Brave New Words  PFNikolai  2014-04-22 14:13:12
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Has technology made transportation more or less safe?
Traveling by all modes of transportation has become riskier with each passing year.
In general, transportation safety has been improving steadily, despite some failures.
Some modes of transportation have been improving while others have become less safe.
We may have reached a tipping point where more tech means less safety.
Don't blame the tech -- greedy companies haven't done adequate testing.
Government regulators have not been playing a strong enough oversight role.