Best Practices for Implementing Security Awareness Training » Download Free Whitepaper
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Salesforce Commerce Solution Guide

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Is This VR's Mainstream Moment?

Re: Is This VR's Mainstream Moment?
Posted by jescott418 on 2015-11-24 06:53:32
In reply to Quinten Plummer
For some reason technology companies seem to think people are obsessed with 3D and virtual reality experiences? Maybe because they have little else to focus on improving and are desperate to create a new market. We have seen Halolens from Microsoft too which touts great things in 3D development but demo's a cheesy game environment where monsters jump out from walls. In the end this is more gimmicky and cheesy then actually useful and well developed for practical uses. Its kind of like Google Glasses which were supposed to be the envy of every techy person who wants any kind of tech. Apparently everyone is obsessed with buying anything tech. I think most people now realize just because you can build a device, does not mean it has useful purposes. The Apple Watch also seems too redundant and makes a few more bucks for Apple. But does little for a end user. I guess, if your that lazy you can't use your smartphone.Then why buy a watch to monitor your walking steps per day? The VR's marketing is simply to sell more phones, make some bucks off techy addiction syndrome and eventually move on to another worthless piece of tech that will end up on the list of why did they build that list.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Is This VR's Mainstream Moment?  Quinten Plummer  2015-11-24 06:42:09
Re: Is This VR's Mainstream Moment?  jescott418  2015-11-24 06:53:32
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Has technology made transportation more or less safe?
Traveling by all modes of transportation has become riskier with each passing year.
In general, transportation safety has been improving steadily, despite some failures.
Some modes of transportation have been improving while others have become less safe.
We may have reached a tipping point where more tech means less safety.
Don't blame the tech -- greedy companies haven't done adequate testing.
Government regulators have not been playing a strong enough oversight role.