B2B Marketers » Reach Pre-Qualified IT Decision Makers with a Custom Lead Gen Program » Get Details
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
Salesforce Commerce Solution Guide

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars

Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars
Posted by connector on 2017-05-09 16:13:30
In reply to Rob Enderle
You make great points.
Huge market realignments are coming.
Devastating to our current economy.
I wonder how coverage will be.
I think rural areas will be a big challenge for self driving vehicles.
I wonder the affect on Freight lines.
Classic car market will die.
Performance vehicles will not attract buyers.
Service companies will need autonomy.
Banning cars that are not self driving will be a tough sell.
Once self driving is the norm, we will lose all our reasons to learn how to navigate from one location from another. Who needs directions?
The "grid" will be a hackers Holy Grail!

Another concern is already here.
Many new car drivers are confused already.
I was in an Uber last year. It was definitely a Kia, a Sorento, I think. My driver thought he already had a self driving car!
He was using the "lane assist" feature and was not holding the wheel!
WOW

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars  Rob Enderle  2017-05-08 11:17:37
Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars  20sturlu  2018-02-14 08:15:26
Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars  peter88  2017-08-03 01:33:20
Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars  shortlink  2017-08-02 09:39:26
Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars  jetserf  2017-05-20 22:05:13
Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars  ChiefNerd  2017-05-12 08:31:04
Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars  TechWorker  2017-05-11 09:06:05
Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars  ArtKns  2017-05-11 02:03:02
Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars  connector  2017-05-09 16:13:30
Re: The Massive Unintended Consequences of Self-Driving Cars  oiuytre  2017-05-09 08:00:10
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Has technology made transportation more or less safe?
Traveling by all modes of transportation has become riskier with each passing year.
In general, transportation safety has been improving steadily, despite some failures.
Some modes of transportation have been improving while others have become less safe.
We may have reached a tipping point where more tech means less safety.
Don't blame the tech -- greedy companies haven't done adequate testing.
Government regulators have not been playing a strong enough oversight role.