Hacker-Powered Security for Startups » Get the Free E-Book from HackerOne!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
salesforce commerce cloud

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: What Amazon's Abuse of Power Foreshadows for 2018

Re: What Amazon's Abuse of Power Foreshadows for 2018
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2017-12-18 10:53:38
See Full Story

Given how many big names have fallen over the last few weeks due to sexual misconduct, abuse and harassment, you'd think I'd name 2017 as the year of power abuse. However, while I know a lot of folks think the issue is dying down, I don't see that at all. There are entire industries that have yet to be hit by this, and Congress hasn't even finished cleaning house or putting in place rules to prevent this activity. Last week I pointed out how Google was abusing its power in holding Amazon Echo Show customers hostage to force Amazon to sell products it didn't want to sell.

Posted by: G0m3r619 2017-12-27 12:22:15 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Congress needs rules to prevent this? Are you kidding? Who doesn't know that sexual harassment is wrong?

Posted by: stealthx3 2017-12-20 01:10:28 In reply to: Rob Enderle
This is one of the reasons behind my own concerns regarding the corporate trend towards subscription services. In many cases any DRM content obtained through a service like that doesn't belong to you regardless of it being a separate purchase.

Read the Terms of Service Agreements!

Posted by: slurp 2017-12-18 11:03:52 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Amazon.com and AWS are not related so your business AWS account would not have been affected by your personal account issue. For example, a credit on one cannot be used on the other.

It sounds like you had a security issue where your account was in danger of running up unapproved charges. With that, you should be thankful that they stopped your services to prevent further damage while it was investigated and fixed. But another good news customer service story about amazon would not make a sensational guesswork story like you have created and your job would be pointless.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
salesforce commerce cloud
Why hasn't virtual reality tech caught on in spite of all the hype?
The headsets are clunky.
It's too expensive.
There's not enough high-quality content.
The experiences it offers aren't "real" enough.
It's catching on gradually, and its growth will increase steadily.