Attention B2B Marketers: Access 30 Million IT Decision Makers with a Custom Lead Generation Program Click to Learn More!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Social Media or Social Disease?

Re: Social Media or Social Disease?
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2017-12-19 21:14:51
See Full Story

Is social media evolving into an antisocial medium? Days after one of its former execs argued that the answer is yes, Facebook published a post addressing the issue. "I think we have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works," Chamath Palihapitiya, who once served as vice president for growth at Facebook, told an audience at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. "The short-term, dopamine-driven feedback loops we've created are destroying how society works."

Posted by: borisaman 2017-12-21 03:27:53 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Social media is a cancer, it gets people locked into bubbles of lies from various bad sources. They think they are tuning into the world, when really they are tuning into more fakeness. I deleted my facebook account 2 years ago, life is much better without it. Twitter, instagram etc..., all a load of rubbish

Posted by: aimprosoft 2017-12-20 08:54:10 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Thanks! Great article.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
What do you think of commercial spaceflight?
It's the best hope for advancing space exploration.
It's little more than a hobby for billionaires.
It will result in highly profitable new industries, like space mining.
It will dramatically increase space junk and pollution.
It will offer the opportunity to establish a new way of life in space colonies.
It should be heavily regulated by governments.