Showcase Your Business as a Thought Leader » Publish Your Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Now
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
salesforce commerce cloud

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Former Execs Team Up to Fight the Tech Addiction Monster

Re: Former Execs Team Up to Fight the Tech Addiction Monster
Posted by: David Jones 2018-02-07 15:02:13
See Full Story

A group of former Facebook, Google and Mozilla executives have joined forces to establish the Center for Humane Technology, a new organization dedicated to combating the growing problem of addictive behavior among social media users. The new center, along with the children's advocacy group Common Sense, has announced a campaign to help change the social media model. Its goal is to lessen the negative impact of automation and other technologies on the development of children and young adults.

Re: Former Execs Team Up to Fight the Tech Addiction Monster
Posted by: RegFixo 2018-02-09 05:24:42 In reply to: David Jones
Excellent move, this was much required. We have become so addicted to our gadgets that we have forgot the value of human interactions and bonding. Nowadays people hardly sit with friends and chit chat. We are more in to different social networking sites trying to find friends who generally don't exists.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
salesforce commerce cloud
How do you feel about Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year?
I'm excited to find great deals and plan to do some serious shopping on BFCM.
I'll watch for BFCM sales, but I intend to drastically curb my spending this year.
BFCM has become a season -- I no longer feel driven to look for bargains on those specific days.
I plan to have most of my holiday shopping done *before* BFCM.
I detest the holiday sales hype and will avoid shopping on BFCM.