Showcase Your Business as a Thought Leader » Publish Your Blog, Videos and Events on ALL EC » Save 25% Now
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
salesforce commerce cloud

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Silicon Valley's Corrupt Underbelly: It's Far Worse Than We Thought

See Full Story

After addressing the topic of sexual harassment and misconduct in Silicon Valley last month, I finally got my hands on a copy of Brotopia , an eye-opening new book, and a lot of executives should be happy I did not pursue my career in law enforcement. Otherwise I would be working my butt off to get them off the streets behind bars. Everyone connected to tech should read this book. Specifically, for investors, it will give you insights into a level of extreme avoidable risk that has not been factored into the market -- at least not yet.

These are the children of the 1970s, the era that jettisoned the morality of the 1950s. I remember then the discussion that "morality can't be legislated" as laws and mores controlling drugs and sex couldn't and shouldn't any longer invade one's personal life. Now, here we are 40 years later and we're wanting again control over people's personal lives. Back then, the internal locus of control was reinforced by the external. Now, external heat is being applied to people with no internal controls (that was destroyed by "moral relativity"), and we expect positive results?

To solve this... You can't just tell people "do better" when they are presented with a temptation that just can't be passed up. And you can't just lock everyone up--the one's doing the locking are just as corrupt (look what happens in China). You have to go back to the internal, requiring a profound internal change in individuals--a voluntary change of affiliation (re: Bob Dylan "Who You Gonna Serve?")

Or, maybe in time Rob will be reporting on the latest advances in mind control!

Re: Silicon Valley's Corrupt Underbelly: It's Far Worse Than We Thought
Posted by: borisaman 2018-02-21 06:32:49 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Nothing in this world works like we think it does. The world is not what we think it is. Its all a massive lie, all of it. Its only held up by total ignorance from the masses. These kind of people dont goto jail, they are in the club, you are not, I am not. Live you life, be good, dont screw people over, and be as independent as you can possibly be

Re: Silicon Valley's Corrupt Underbelly: It's Far Worse Than We Thought
Posted by: loveoption9 2018-02-20 08:16:05 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Hi Rob,
Thanks for the compelling article.
Here is both a possible solution and my nomination for Product of the Millennium.

https://holochain.org/

While I think that all the expressed remedies you describe would help, my impression is that there is a far more elegant solution.
What your article and the book accomplish are part of a concept that I call “reversing the silicone curtain”.
Part of this is revealing the disfunction and criminality of the current system, the other part is creating a new platform that embodies a more organic nature.
We are in the middle of migrating from an exploitive, dominative environment, which distorts and conceals data for self protection and gain,
to a distributed, self powered, trust based, holistically organized system, which will provide all the features and benefits of the current “walled gardens” without the exploitation.
Holochain is the most socially evolved plan I have ever encountered, and rather than fight the status quo, this leaves it in the dust.
Your Thoughts?
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Does it matter to you if products you purchase are manufactured in another country?
Yes, and I will pay more for a domestically produced product.
Yes, but my shopping decisions won't change anything, so I do what's best for me.
I care, but it's impossible to keep track of where everything is made.
I want the best quality and price, regardless of country of origin.
It depends on the country. Some are OK, some aren't.
It depends on the company. I'll buy from a reputable non-domestic brand.