Attention B2B Marketers: Access 30 Million IT Decision Makers with a Custom Lead Generation Program Click to Learn More!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
TechNewsWorld.com
salesforce commerce cloud

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Most Companies Have No Idea Where They Are Going

Re: Most Companies Have No Idea Where They Are Going
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2018-03-06 06:48:50
See Full Story

Dell recently collaborated with the Institute for the Future -- an interesting think tank largely driven by futurists, which focuses on helping firms ride future waves rather than being killed by them -- on a survey that creates a frightening view of 2030. It could be far closer to Terminator than the utopia we once hoped for. I think more companies should go through a process like this. The reason is that it could help overcome what has become an overwhelming trend to ignore the future and instead focus excessively on quarterly results.

Posted by: ITech 2018-03-07 06:42:18 In reply to: Rob Enderle
I tend to agree with you to a certain extent. Incidentally, I was on another medium this morning where I saw a report that one of the largest set-top manufacturer is further sinking itself in debt with its M&A approach that simply did not work after purchasing a rival company. Yet, rather than innovate, this company is choosing the big fish devouring the small fish approach.AOL made this mistake when it acquired Time Warner Cable, only to off-load it. Google bought Motorola, then sold it to Arris Group. Cisco bought Linksy then sold it after making a mess of one of the best home networking gear of its time.Just look what Oracle has done to Sun Microsystem after the acquisition.Finally, If Apple isn't careful, they may end at the juncture Microsoft found itself. Fortunately for MS, they're a software company that had the right leadership at the right time that was able to transform it into a hardware company with an innovative approach to PC form factor.

Posted by: borisaman 2018-03-07 06:31:50 In reply to: Rob Enderle
I totally agree, most companies and bosses are totally clueless, have no idea what they are doing or where they are going. Greed often kills them off too
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Does it matter to you if products you purchase are manufactured in another country?
Yes, and I will pay more for a domestically produced product.
Yes, but my shopping decisions won't change anything, so I do what's best for me.
I care, but it's impossible to keep track of where everything is made.
I want the best quality and price, regardless of country of origin.
It depends on the country. Some are OK, some aren't.
It depends on the company. I'll buy from a reputable non-domestic brand.