Posted April 18, 2022 through April 25, 2022 (91 Votes)
Who will emerge as the biggest winners from the Elon Musk / Twitter rigmarole?
- select up to three -
- Advocates of free speech (33%, 30 Votes)
- Detractors of hate speech (5%, 5 Votes)
- Ethical journalists (12%, 11 Votes)
- Fake news purveyors (10%, 9 Votes)
- Social media businesses (18%, 16 Votes)
- Social media users (22%, 20 Votes)
Total Votes: 91
Poll Open: April 18, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted April 11, 2022 through April 18, 2022 (80 Votes)
If getting your dream job depended on your social media activity, would you be worried?
- Yes -- Some of my social media past might be objectionable to a prospective employer. (6%, 5 Votes)
- Somewhat -- My social media history seems reasonable to me, but I'm not sure how others would view it. (11%, 9 Votes)
- No -- My social media presence is positive and not a cause of concern. (18%, 14 Votes)
- I do not use social media. The employer would need other ways to qualify me. (65%, 52 Votes)
Total Votes: 80
Poll Open: April 11, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted April 4, 2022 through April 11, 2022 (119 Votes)
Elon Musk as Twitter's largest shareholder will prove to be beneficial to the company: agree or disagree?
- Strongly agree (34%, 40 Votes)
- Somewhat agree (17%, 20 Votes)
- Not sure -- could go either way (18%, 21 Votes)
- Somewhat disagree (5%, 6 Votes)
- Strongly disagree (10%, 12 Votes)
- Twitter, Musk, meh. (16%, 20 Votes)
Total Votes: 119
Poll Open: April 4, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted March 28, 2022 through April 4, 2022 (103 Votes)
Elon Musk seems to have his sights set on Twitter. Should Musk build a new social media platform, or buy Twitter?
- Competition promotes innovation. Musk should build his own to compete with Twitter and the other social media platforms. (26%, 27 Votes)
- Musk should buy Twitter. The users are already there and Musk's views on free speech and algorithms would improve Twitter. (18%, 19 Votes)
- Either -- Whether he takes over an existing platform or builds his own, social media needs a disruptor. Musk is the right person for the job. (17%, 17 Votes)
- Neither -- Musk should stay out of the social media business. (39%, 40 Votes)
Total Votes: 103
Poll Open: March 28, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted March 21, 2022 through March 28, 2022 (111 Votes)
What is your view of the biannual switching of clocks?
- Ditch the switch for permanent daylight savings time with more light later in the day. (42%, 47 Votes)
- Ditch the switch for permanent standard time with more light earlier in the day. (43%, 48 Votes)
- Keep the switch -- changing the clocks has drawbacks, but past experiments to eliminate the switch were publicly unpopular and reversed. (5%, 6 Votes)
- Keep the switch -- I have no problem with changing the clocks. (10%, 10 Votes)
Total Votes: 111
Poll Open: March 21, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted March 14, 2022 through March 21, 2022 (74 Votes)
Considering the drastic increase of fuel costs, which best describes your view of employers forcing remote workers to return to the office?
- It is unfair for employers to force workers to pay more to commute to the office if working remotely is possible. (38%, 28 Votes)
- If the organization compensates workers for the extra cost to get to work, at least somewhat, that seems like a fair compromise. (26%, 19 Votes)
- Higher transportation cost is not a good reason to change in-office attendance policies. (36%, 27 Votes)
Total Votes: 74
Poll Open: March 14, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted March 7, 2022 through March 14, 2022 (58 Votes)
What first motivated you to consider a VPN?
- Fear of devices being hacked and data stolen or corrupted (38%, 22 Votes)
- Finding better rates offered to other locations when shopping or booking travel (5%, 3 Votes)
- Identity protection when using public Wi-Fi or working remotely (12%, 7 Votes)
- Internet service provider throttling bandwidth (10%, 6 Votes)
- Privacy from government agencies (19%, 11 Votes)
- Using remote servers to bypass geo-restrictions by content providers and entertainment services (16%, 9 Votes)
Total Votes: 58
Poll Open: March 7, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted February 28, 2022 through March 7, 2022 (77 Votes)
As a group, Big Tech companies are doing enough to help with the crisis in Ukraine: agree or disagree?
- Strongly agree (13%, 10 Votes)
- Somewhat agree (19%, 15 Votes)
- Neither agree nor disagree (23%, 18 Votes)
- Somewhat disagree (22%, 17 Votes)
- Strongly disagree (23%, 17 Votes)
Total Votes: 77
Poll Open: February 28, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted February 21, 2022 through February 28, 2022 (113 Votes)
Will the Amazon Prime price increase cause you to cancel your subscription?
- Yes - I do not use Prime services enough to justify the higher cost. (52%, 59 Votes)
- Maybe - I will monitor my use of Prime services until the rate hike takes effect on my account and make a decision by then. (18%, 20 Votes)
- Not Yet - I will buy myself a gift subscription before the price increase and activate it when my current membership expires to extend the lower rate for one more year. (6%, 7 Votes)
- No - Despite the higher price, Amazon Prime services are still worth it. (24%, 27 Votes)
Total Votes: 113
Poll Open: February 21, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted February 14, 2022 through February 21, 2022 (75 Votes)
When I contact customer service by phone and I'm offered a callback instead of waiting in queue, I...
- Normally choose the callback regardless of the wait so I don't waste any time on hold. (17%, 13 Votes)
- Choose the callback only if it's a long wait in queue. (28%, 21 Votes)
- Rarely choose to be called back. I prefer to wait for a representative when the issue is fresh in my mind. (32%, 24 Votes)
- Hang up and try again another time. (23%, 17 Votes)
Total Votes: 75
Poll Open: February 14, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted February 7, 2022 through February 14, 2022 (94 Votes)
What is your reaction when learning that a business in your area eliminates indoor mask requirements?
- I am more likely to visit those locations. (28%, 26 Votes)
- I am less likely to visit those locations. (44%, 41 Votes)
- I am not influenced one way or another. (19%, 18 Votes)
- Not applicable -- the government in my area still requires masks at indoor locations. (9%, 9 Votes)
Total Votes: 94
Poll Open: February 7, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted January 31, 2022 through February 7, 2022 (83 Votes)
Should the Super Bowl be played on Saturday instead of Sunday?
- Yes -- Business would benefit from workers not calling in sick the day after; restaurants and bars would do better with a Saturday game; and fans outside the U.S. could watch on their weekend. (36%, 30 Votes)
- No -- Super Bowl Sunday is a tradition that should not be broken; Sunday is a day off for a majority of workers and the most convenient day for get-togethers. (31%, 26 Votes)
- Maybe -- Let's try it once and see how it goes. (33%, 27 Votes)
Total Votes: 83
Poll Open: January 31, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted January 24, 2022 through January 31, 2022 (65 Votes)
When considering an electronic vehicle for personal use, which is most important to you?
- Battery range (38%, 25 Votes)
- Charging options (17%, 11 Votes)
- Passenger room and cargo space (5%, 3 Votes)
- Purchase price and maintenance costs (40%, 26 Votes)
Total Votes: 65
Poll Open: January 24, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted January 17, 2022 through January 24, 2022 (56 Votes)
How does the quality of customer service delivered by government compare to that of the private sector?
- Government customer service is far superior. (4%, 2 Votes)
- Government customer service is slightly better. (4%, 2 Votes)
- Government and private sector customer service are about the same. (36%, 20 Votes)
- Private sector customer service is slightly better. (14%, 8 Votes)
- Private sector customer service is far superior. (42%, 24 Votes)
Total Votes: 56
Poll Open: January 17, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.
Posted January 10, 2022 through January 17, 2022 (119 Votes)
What is your experience with cryptocurrency so far?
- I've made lots of money. (4%, 5 Votes)
- I've had my ups and downs but overall I'm ahead. (11%, 13 Votes)
- I'm about even. (9%, 11 Votes)
- I've lost a little but I'm still in the game. (9%, 11 Votes)
- I've lost a bunch of money. (6%, 7 Votes)
- I've not invested in cryptocurrency yet. (61%, 72 Votes)
Total Votes: 119
Poll Open: January 10, 2022Is there a topic you'd like us to poll?Let us know.